Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I'm Not Dead (Just Undead)


So, I probably should have posted this at the start of the month, but I've been so busy that I'm only just getting around to it now.

I haven't been posting any reviews or much of anything lately, and for that I apologise. I'm not dead, just insanely busy, for exciting reasons:
  1. I am currently doing the novel-in-a-month thing on my HORROR WESTERN. So far I'm 45 000 words in and I'm aiming for 60 000. Most of that has come from three 10 000 word days which is utterly achievable for anyone and I highly recommend it for the sense of achievements (and bragging rights). Not all of the 10 000 words will be fantastic, but you're sure to find some gems in there.
  2. Secondly, I am entering preparation mode for the publication of MY FIRST BOOKS in June! Here's what you should know: the series is called Star League, they're junior fiction about an action movie star, a werewolf, a zombie, a ninja, a robot and an animancer, and lastly, you should buy them. Preparation involves things I am wildly unequipped to handle, such as making an author website, but thanks to genius posts like this from Tommy Donbavand, I may get there eventually.
  3. I'm also getting used to my new position at my job where I run the kids e-newsletter and paper newsletter, and also blog about things that never were and interview celebrity horror writers.
  4. Lastly, I'm also on the board of directors (ooh, sounds fancy, don't it?) for a YA Literature Festival later on this year called A Thousand Words Festival where I do things like offer useless suggestions, marvel at the Festival Director's superhuman ability to do everything, and occasionally blog. Very occasionally.

And that's a snapshot of what I spend most of my days doing. I'm really missing updating this blog more regularly, and hope to get back into it shortly. But what's really killing me is having to read SERIOUS BOOKS about SERIOUS ISSUES for work. Give me exploding buckets of blood any day!

    1 comment:

    1. WOW! Busy girl! So exciting though! Especially about the new books on their way out - can't wait to see them on the shelves here in Hobart! *hugs*

      ReplyDelete